Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Brithday Re-cap

My birthday started out wonderful, but drastically started to decline as the day drew to an end.

Of course my day started out with phone calls, emails, text messages. Such a wonderful thing to know that people remember and care.

As the day drew closer to an end at work, there were fires that I had to put out ($40 million worth) which caused me to ruin LW’s surprise of taking me to the Ocean Club for dinner. I messaged him at work (since we work together we can IM each other – internal IM system) saying I don’t know what time I could leave and he said we had reservations at 5pm. Oppsss. Sorry honey, I’m most likely going to still be working at 5 (I leave work at 4). I had him change the reservations, but the best the restaurant could do on short notice was move us to 5:45pm. SHIT.FUDGE.DAMN. I didn’t think I could make it, but low and behold, my team knew it was my birthday and we worked together to get the fires out, thus I was able to have a wonderful dinner with LW. It’s the yummiest place on Earth to me.

After dinner while we were waiting on the check he hands me a little blue box. And we all know that we don’t care what’s in that little blue box as long as it’s some form of jewelry, so I ended up with these. Which, OMG I just saw the price!!!! He spent way too much! Just a month earlier he got me the necklace to match for our anniversary. Can you say, SPOILED?

After dinner and the last remaining phone call for the evening from my BFF and my dad, I had a minor meltdown. See I’m not sleeping well since being on the medicine for the staph infection. My stomach hurts all of the time and I’m so tired that I cannot sleep. I have spent the last five evenings on the couch playing with Boomer at night. It sucks. I’m tired and it’s making me miserable. Last night I think it all finally came to a head. I pouted and went to bed at 9 only to go back downstairs at 11 to try and find peace on the couch, which never happens. I’m hoping that I can get some sleep soon or else LW will be staying in a hotel far, far away from me!!! He says he understands, but that poor man…it’s our first week to live together, so he has no where else to run!

All in all it was a great birthday!

I’ve made some decisions to make a change in my life. I have to deal with the one thing that has bothered me all of my life….my weight. Today will be a new beginning and I will find a way to either find peace with my weight or do something about it. Stay tuned…

6 comments:

Liz said...

I have the same earrings and necklace :) And I sware I never paid that much for the earrings....

Emily said...

Awwww what pretty earrings!! I'm so jealous! I need to point Chuck in the Tiffany's direction!! :)

So glad that you were able to go out to dinner after all! YAY!!!

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

It will get better. It really will. You won't be on the staph medicine for long and then you'll be sleeping better and then, you'll also have all the fires put out at work too.

LW is a gem. I can't believe that he went to Tiffany's for your birthday! What a keeper!!!

I know what you mean about the weight...I really do.

Andrea said...

Because you're life is finally where you want it to be...

I nominate you for a sisterhood award!

Sisterhood Award

tbonegrl said...

glad you could have a nice dinner!

Congrats on the award!

travel girl said...

Love the earrings!

Tiffany is a tradtion for my girls birthday! I love the tiffany silver.