Monday, May 4, 2009

Mexico here I come!

By this time next week I will be laying on the beach, drink in hand, sunning everything sunable in Mexico! I.CAN.NOT.WAIT.

People keep asking us not to go. We are to the point where we aren't talking about it much anymore (talking and blogging, not the same thing, right?). We are excited to go and won't let any amount of the H1N1 virus keep us away. Infact I heard on CNN this morning that they said Wisconsin had a case of the H1N1 virus two years ago! So they are now saying that while this round did start in Mexico, it was already in the U.S. well before.

I'm not sure why all the fuss though. More people die of the flu every year than they have died from the H1N1 flu recently, so I feel safe. I feel like I am adult enough to know when and how often wash my hands...I know when I shouldn't be around people...I know what to do. The question is...will I be in a state to care (read I may be drunk! HA!)?

At any rate we are both looking forward to time alone and time to reflect on our first year together. We are both in awe of how wonderful this relationship has turned out. Both of us have been burned. Both of us have survived. And both of us will be together for a very long time.

Wednesday marks the one year anniversary of the first time we met face to face (I'd see him in the hallway but would never talk to him). We had lunch with a good friend of mine and her husband. This Wednesday we will be going back to the same place we had lunch at one year ago.

Life is good. I'm in love, I'm happy and I'm looking forward to a wonderful future.

5 comments:

Dawna Drake said...

Yeah, all this panic is kind of annoying. I blame the media putting a newscast bulletin out after every possible case, not even waiting until it's confirmed cases. Sure, it's serious and one should take care but like you said, you're adults!
Have a good time!

Julie said...

You'll be fine. I think the media is way overblowing this. Of course, I'm surprised the Republicans aren't blaming Obama for it. LOL

Have a great trip!

Colleen said...

You guys are going to have a great time! Drink, relax, laugh, eat. Just enjoy it! :)

Kim and Dave said...

Good for you, Danica! I will be right here, totally jealous of you.

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

It was way overblown. You're right...more people die of the average flu every year.

Have a great time. I'm so happy that you found the special man you'll spend the rest of your life with.