Monday, April 27, 2009

Pasty White + Hot Ass Sun = FRIED

I'm a super red crispy critter today.

Yesterday I woke up at 7:45am thanks to my wonderful neighbor who thinks it's okay to mow at the ass crack of dawn. Seriously? What was he thinking? I was out late at a volunteer GTG the night before and was looking forward to sleeping in...at least until 9am.

So thanks to the neighbor I was in my yard working by around 10am. I have three trees in the back yard so I was going to trim them up, weed them, mulch and feed them. After I was done with that I mowed, weed whacked (I love that word!) and trimmed. I spent easily 4 hours in the sun..unprotected. My shoulders are scortching hot and it's funny because I have a white arm band mark where I had my iPod arm band on. HA! Dork!!!

The shower was not the best place to be this morning. Lots of 'ooooohs' and 'aaahhhhs' and not in the good way. I even slept on the couch last night because I was radiating heat all night!

Anyway, 13 days until I'm sunning myself in Cancun.

And I will have sunscreen with me then!!!

Happy Monday!

5 comments:

Allison said...

lol I'm SO feeling your pain from Saturday at the spring game!!! I hope you feel better soon!!! And definitely take sunblock to Cancun--when we were there for our HM we applied sunblock all the time and still blistered and peeled by day 4.

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

Ouch! Take care of that sunburn. Did you decide whether it will be wedding bells in Cancun?

Colleen said...

Ouch... Hope you're feeling better!!!

Fragrant Liar said...

Ouch! Easy on that skin damage! You do want to get a base tan before you hit Cancun, cuz that sun down there is much worse than in the U.S. Definitely take the sun block.

Say hello to my former inlaw family (in Cancun and Puerto Morelos) and have big fun!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.