Thursday, April 16, 2009

I'm pretty sick.

Since last Friday I have been coughing like you wouldn't believe....terrible terrible chest cold. So bad infact, I missed Easter dinner with LW's family because I couldn't walk a foot and not cough. Insane.

Finally yesterday I go to the doctor. I was coughing so bad and tasting blood that the nurse as soon as I got to the office pulled me into the back, took my vitals (temp up, blood pressure up), and pulled my doctor from another patient's room. She was scared. I had a hard time breathing/talking because I was coughing so much.

Long long story short...I fought with the doctor to NOT have me admitted to the hospital..yes I am that bad. So I told him I would take care of myself and not over do it. If my heart/chest (I've had terrible chest pains) does not feel better by Friday morning I am to be admitted. We **think** the chest and heart pain is from the force of my cough, so he wanted me to monitor it for the next day.

I am to NOT be alone. Funny thing is, LW had Kass last night so he had to stay at his place and he is suppose to go out of town for a basketball camp this weekend. I begged him to go, so as of right now it's **tenative** that he's going. Depends on how today goes. My BFF lives behind me so it's not like I don't have someone near by.

It's all so scary. I had no idea I was that sick. The funny thing is, I went to work Mon, Tues and Weds. I annoyed the hell out of my co-workers, but you have no idea how scared I am to call in sick and lose my job. I know it's ridiculous...I'll take the whippings later when I feel better. HA

I am at work today, but the meds seem to be working. I'm coughing less, however I still have the chest pain. I'm on three meds which by the grace of God will get me healthy again.

I have never been this sick.

5 comments:

Coloradolady said...

Oh, Goodness. I hope you will be feeling better soon. That is not something to play around with. Take care of yourself.

Liz said...

DANICA!!! Take care of yourself! You don't want it to be worse. And if they're going to let you go because you are so sick, do you think you really want to work here??

Julie said...

GO HOME! Are you nuts? You are this sick because you haven't taken care of yourself, ie: going to work when you should have been home.

GO FRICKIN HOME. Don't make me drive over there and drag you out of NW myself. Because you *know* I will.

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

Julie, get your keys and pick her up. She may be kickin and screaming on the way out but you can overtake her...she's sick after all.

You should NOT be at work. Being that sick, you belong at home. What? So you want to end up in the hospital? There's a reason your doctor told you to not be alone.

So, I'm done lecturing but take care of yourself.

Colleen said...

You poor thing! Danica... take care of yourself. Relax! if you need anything, let me know!!!