Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom

Today would have been my mom's 69th birthday. It's hard to think about not being able to call her or have dinner with her to celebrate. I was not able to make it to the cemetary today so on Sunday LW and I drove to the cemetary so I could lay flowers on her grave. I didn't cry, more so because a whole crowd of people were by a surrounding gravesite.

I miss her every day. Every day I wish I could tell her about LW...or about my day...or ask advice...or listen to her talk about her friends...or take her shopping. I have difficult days without her and today is one of them.

I know she's up in heaven having the time of her life. But it's still so unfair that today she's not with us.

Happy Birthday Mom...I miss you.

6 comments:

Kim and Dave said...

Danica, I'm so sorry. My mom's birthday is tomorrow, and I'll be hugging her a little tighter after reading this. I'm thinking of you today.

hopeful #1 said...

I'm so very sorry to hear that you are having a bad day... your mom is looking down at you telling you to get out and do all those things... she'll be by your side!

I hope you have a better day and I'm thinking about you...

Julie said...

Happy Birthday, Mom! Find my sister and my dad...they have drinks and cigarettes!!!

Hope you're feeling better today, hon.

Danica Lynn said...

Julie you cracked me up!!!!!!

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

Happy birthday to your mom! You can call this day a mom's favorites and eat and do things that were reminiscent of her. If she loved chocolate, you know you've got to eat lots of it. If she loved a certain movie, watch it. Its in those tributes that you can feel her presence.

I'm thinking of you. Keep your head up!

travel girl said...

I know what you mean about wanting to tell your Mom about LW. I wish I could tell my Mom about Mr. J. She would love him!

Happy Birthday Mom!