Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Thanks for the advice!

Today is a great day!

After dinner with Julie and Elizabeth last night, and three glasses of wine, I went home and LW and I actually talked.

It was a great conversation, with respect and lots of listening on his part.

I'm happy to report...things are good and there was LOTS of misunderstanding on my part.

I guess if I didn't love him so much it wouldn't have bothered me as much. I think when you really love someone it all has a way of working out.

Thanks for all of the advice and support yesterday. Like I told Julie last night, perhaps I'm "overly" sensitive. Gotta get over that!

6 comments:

Liz said...

I'm glad things are all better :) I hate to see you down and depressed and hurting. I figured it was just one of those days. Yay for good friends who can cheer you up and give great advice!!!

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

I'm so happy that you were able to talk and LW listened and understood. I think it's okay to be "overly" sensitive because you are you and he is he and it's just blending the both of you together. There are times when I will remind Boo, "Are you listening? I'm trying to tell you something." Then, he realizes that I just need him to listen without giving me advice.

That's great news!!

jannypie said...

i'm glad you were able to talk it out, and come to an understanding on both parts. you guys just had your first big fight is all, take from it the lessons on how you both react to that and how you were able to overcome it, and make it work for you in the future. hugs!!

travel girl said...

I'm glad you two are talking and worked out the misunderstanding. That is the beauty of communication..Listening and actually HEARING the other person can make you see things in a whole new perspective.

Julie said...

You'd think, as much as the three of us talked last night, we'd have been too worn out to talk more at home right? I went home and had a 2 hour phone conversation with an old friend!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm glad you guys talked it out. Men always retreat to their caves and all we can do is say "OK I'll be here when you're ready to come out and talk to me". And they always do.

Like we told you last night, a man who books a trip to Cancun for your anniversary is clearly not about to break up with you!

Colleen said...

Glad that things are all good again! :) I'm sure you're a little over sensitive purely out of love for him and the great relationship that the two of you have!!! :)