Sunday, March 22, 2009

MIA from blogging.

Holy cow it's been a week since I last blogged. I've had so much going on that it's been impossible to keep up.

To update everyone:
Strange things have been going on with my right arm. About two weeks ago I noticed that my forearm had been swelling a lot. Well now it's got a rather large knot in it and from time to time my hand, shoulder and forearm will go numb. Last Monday I decide I can't take the pain anymore and so I headed to the doctor.

Well there's no good news. The nerve that is pinched under my right shoulder blade has now flarred up and is causing the nerves down my right arm to act out, thus the swelling in the forearm. So my doctor, who knows I'm highly allergic to codine, prescribes me a pain medicine so I can sleep at night, with codine in it. What happens next? um-ya Monday night I take the medicine, and end up almost in tears thinking I should go to the emergency room. See I didn't check what the medicine had in it before I took it.

Basically I was a MESS come Tuesday. My face was swollen, my throat was swollen, I had a hard time grasping my breath, I was itchy all over, I was nauseous and I was so dizzy that it was miserable walking or getting up and down from the chair. So I called the doctor and by the time he called back, I could breathe. So I went to work. Imagine working in that condition! I was a mess but I was also afraid to call off since we are going through a re-org and I want to make sure my boss sees how dedicated I am. Stupid I know, but I just couldn't bring myself to not work. LW drove me to and from work, which was so sweet.

But anyway, outside of that I have been fighting off the sickness from the steroids the doctor prescribed as well. This week I will have to get with the nerve doctor and have another test and look at possibly scheduling surgery to fix the problem. Not sure I'm ready for that. But we'll see.

Life outside of my arm and the sickness from the meds is good though. LW had Kassidy this weekend so her and I baked cookies for Daddy-O, played games at Gameworks, shopped with a friend and her daughter and ate so much we nearly split our pants (hey isn't that a song?!).

I hope this week is a good one for everyone. And for me!

3 comments:

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

You are so lucky that it didn't get worse. It sounds like you were having an anaphylatic (sp) episode. Scary! I've been there and done that a few times.

Hope that you can get better without the surgery. I'm so sorry that you're dealing with the pain and the steroids too.

But, the ray of sunshine was that you got to spend time with Kassidy and LW (what a sweetie). I bet she loves spending time with you!!!

Julie said...

Holy cow, lady! You didn't quite mention ALL that when you told Eliz and I about your neck/arm! I hope you're doing better now!!!!

travel girl said...

I hope you are doing better! You should have went to the ER though with that kind of allergic reaction.

Yummers for cookies:)