Friday, February 27, 2009

Be a donor, save a life.

A very dear co-worker of mine has a daughter who was diagnosed with Leukemia a little over two weeks ago. Thankfully the chemo is helping and as of today there was NO Leukemia to be found. GREAT NEWS!!!!!

However, she will be tested again in two weeks and if at that time the Leukemia is present she will under go a bone marrow transplant. I have offered to get tested.

But in the mean time, I decided to register myself incase my co-worker didn't need to test me, which I pray with all I have that they won't need me because it would be so awesome to see Whitney beat this without having a transplant.

It's so easy people. You take a swab of your spit and send it back to the national donor registery. It's not that hard.

Take a moment of your time to save a life!

http://www.dkmsamericas.org/category/marrow-donors/become-donor

1 comments:

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

Hooray! No leukemia!! That's terrific! Thanks for the link. I'm going to head over there and see how to get involved.