Thursday, January 22, 2009

Weight Loss

I swear my weight loss journey has had it's ups and downs lately. But with work being so stressful the only thing that is helping is going to the gym. Imagine that. HA! These last two weeks I have worked from 7am to 4pm, ran to the gym for 45 min cardio and 15 min weight training, home to shower and then I log into work from 7:45 to 10 or 11pm. While it stinks, I seem to get more done in the evening when I am de-stressed. Amazing what an hour at the gym can do for your mind and your body.

With that said, I am down 11 pounds from last year. I know that seems like a small amount lost in a great big amount of time, but I feel good saying it. When my Mom died I was at my heaviest weight ever. I never had time for the gym because I was taking care of her, running to the hospital, feeling sad, etc.

So it's about time that darn weight is coming off. My goal is to reach another 12 pounds lost. I can do it, if I put my mind to it. I'm committed but can I stay committed?

Weight loss is such a huge struggle for me. Never in my life did I have to worry about it. I was always active and always skinny. Food was never super appealing to me, although I never passed up a chocolate bar. :-) It's hard admitting that I lost control along the way. But I'm gaining it back and slowly realizing what's good for my body. I want to live a long healthy life. I don't want to die young like my Mother. I don't want to say I can't do something when I know I can!

So today I record 11 pounds lost, 12 pounds to go!!!!

7 comments:

Allison said...

((HUGS)) Congrats, Danica!! I think you're beautiful and don't need to lose weight, but I'm so happy that you're making progress and becoming happier with yourself! The side effect of de-stressing at the gym is a great one, too ;)

travel girl said...

Good for you!

I believe the more stress you have and the busier you are, the more you need to exercise. It's an amaing stress reliever

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

You Go, Girl!! That's great to see progress. I need to get back on the wagon again....the exercise wagon. You're inspiring!

Natalie said...

Congrats on your weight loss! You should be very proud of yourself. I think you look great the way you are.

Julie said...

Congrats! You have officially...

wait for it...

harshed my mellow. ROFLMAO.

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

I left you a little blog bling on my blog.

Jody said...

Congrats on your weight-loss...now pass some of those vibes to me, I need to get back to the gym.