Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Cry Baby

Today I woke up feeling miserable...emotional, frustrated, tired. My problem...work. I'm tired of working late...I'm tired of logging into work when I get home...I'm tired of giving up my weekends or shortening my weekends for work.

So this morning, after not sleeping because I'm thinking about how to fix a problem with a test case, I get out of the shower and bang the hell out of my elbow. The elbow I broke on NYE a few years back (funny story!)...the elbow that if it is touched the wrong way, will send me into a crying spree.

I cry. LW says, "Are you okay?" And I cry and I cry and I can't catch my breath and then I start spewing how tired I am, how I need a vacation, how I wish George (my monthly friend) would go away and how I wish for once I could take a day off and not think about work.

Then I realize...my elbow is swollen and bruised. SHIT

Damn that hurt.

And so it is...I go to work with a swollen elbow, bloated as hell, and realize the only good thing coming out of this day is that I get to watch LOST tonight.

All is well now (as I type with a bruised elbow!).

9 comments:

Allison said...

((HUGS)) What a sucky day (and month...). I'm sorry you're so overwhelmed these days--I understand how you're feeling! ((HUGS)) I hope things get better very soon!

hopeful #1 said...

George (to you) or Aunt Flow (to me) rocked me this month too. What a pain in the a$$!!!!

Sorry about the elbow! :(

Bummer.

Glad LW was there to comfort you or at least try to... :)

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

That just sucks!! It can only get better, right? Glad that LW held you and understood all of your frustrations. Where do you work that is putting so much of a workload on you (if I can ask). Is there anyway you can leave the work at work and once you get home, you're home??

My recommendations (from Dr. Simone) is to either A) turn on some I Love Lucy reruns and laugh. B) Have LW massage all of the stress out of you while listening to some soothing music. C) Tell your boss to shove it, you quit and will be moving to a deserted island where you will be treated like a queen. Well, maybe you shouldn't use C).

Hope the elbow is feeling better!

Danica Lynn said...

LOL Chocolate Covered Daydreams

I work for an insurance company and we are installing a new upgraded system. It's a disaster right now.

I so badly want to leave work behind when I get home, but this project doesn't allow me to. I keep thinking I can make it 3 1/2 more weeks!

Emily said...

*hugs*

How frustrating and sucky!!! I hope 2/16 comes SOON!!!

Julie said...

I'm sorry, punkin. When we have dinner next week, I'll buy you a big old margarita to soak your elbow in. LOL

SaraBelle said...

Oh Danica -- I'm sorry you had such a sucky day! I hope your elbow is feeling better and I hope work gets better too (although I know it won't ;)). LOST will cure all!! I'm counting down the seconds. . .

Sara (beefsbride)

Natalie said...

I'm sorry! I hate those days! George is a dick head just like Aunt flow is a bitch.

I hope your elbow heals quickly.

Staci Williams said...

I'm sorry you had a rough morning - I hope your elbow is feeling better!!! (((((((HUGS))))))