Friday, December 5, 2008

Our First Christmas Tree

This year I swore I was NOT going to put up a Christmas tree. I hated the thought of not being able to celebrate this holiday with my Mom. It was her favorite time of the year. But LW said that we just had to.

With that in the back of my mind, I went to Target last Friday and came home with a 7 1/2 foot skinny tree. I doubted that I would like it, but I actually love love love it.



For those that are curious...I have a Boyds Bear tree. I am obsessed with Christmas Boyds Bears.








I think about the only Christmas item that is NOT Boyds are my stockings. LW surprised me the other day with a personalized bear stocking though and he even brought one over for his youngest daughter who will be with us during Christmas. So tonight I ordered one for him. :) When his stocking is in I'll post a picture of all of them together. I feel like I finally have this amazing family. For the first time in the last two years I feel like I **might** be able to enjoy Christmas. LW has convinced me that I can do this holiday and be happy about it, and still miss my Mom at the same time.

Several of you were right...I think it was *suppose* to happen...my meeting him. It's the first good thing that I have done in two years, next to getting divorced!

Ahhhh...I can do this!

8 comments:

Liz said...

Danica, it looks great! So fun :) You've got a good man there. He's right...there is no reason why you can't celebrate and miss your mom at the same time. Just remember why she loved Christmas so much!

Julie said...

Aw....love that!!!! You're gonna have to change the name of your blog soon though, you aren't a single girl anymore!!!

travel girl said...

I was thinking just what Jules wrote;)

Beautiful tree.

Harleygirl said...

Danica-love the tree!! I have a skinny one and would never go back to a full one-they are so cool!! Tree looks great and as the pp said-enjoy christmas with LW and your new family you deserve it!!!!

Staci Williams said...

I love LOVE your Christmas Tree!!! Just be careful the next time I come over that all the bears are still there!! I love all the Boyd Christmas Bears too!!!

Danica Lynn said...

LOL Staci!!!

Trisha.R.Jackson said...

I am so jealous of your Boyds Bear tree. Since Craig moved in (just before we were married), I've boxed nearly all of mine up :(. When we have a bigger house, I'll have my very own "Bear's Den".

You've done a great job!

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

You're going to have a great Christmas celebration this year not only because you've got someone special in your life but because your mom's presence will be felt throughout.

I too will celebrate with Boo and his baby girl/my bonus baby this year so it's going to very memorable for me.

Enjoy making memories!