Monday, December 1, 2008

Disney

I have to say in all of my 35 years I never thought that visiting Disney World would bring tears to my eyes! The good kind!

My trip started on Thursday afternoon. My flight left Columbus at 2pm. By the time I arrived in Orlando, gathered my luggage and stood in line to board the Magical Express to my hotel, it was after 9pm…and I was exhausted! LW met me at the hotel with open arms. He took me to a nice dinner at our hotel (Contemporary Resort).

Our hotel was amazing!! Very modern and hip. We could even see the tip of the castle at the Magic Kingdom from our room and in the evenings we could see the fireworks. Loved it!!! And the hotel staff was super friendly and helpful.

Friday I woke up early with LW. While he was getting ready to go to his conference I was getting ready to head to the Magic Kingdom. I arrived at the Magic Kingdom at 10am. As I rode the monorail (I later found out the walk to the Magic Kingdom from my hotel was like 5 mins vs. the 15 min monorail ride) I got butterflies in my stomach. I had a hard time containing my excitement. As I walked through the gate tears started streaming out of my eyes! I couldn’t believe I was 35 and seeing Disney for the first time. My goal was to cram as much in as I could that day.

I had a hard time deciding what to ride first! I devised a plan and made my way through the park and rode just about every ride that I thought my hiney could fit on! I went on “It’s a Small World”, the carrousel, Haunted Mansion, the tea cup ride, Space Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean, and so on. I was so exhausted and my legs were sore but I kept at it. Before my departure I decided to watch the parade. There’s something about seeing Cinderella that brings back childhood memories. I think almost every girl wanted to be her when they grew up. The parade was just amazing…so much dancing and music.

That evening, after I spent the day at the park, LW and I rode the bus and headed to Downtown Disney for dinner. We had a very nice, but expensive dinner at Fulton’s Crab House. Great food, great service. The server kept calling me Mrs. LW (secretly I loved it). After dinner we went to the House of Blues for some drinks.

Saturday we got up early and had a hard time deciding what to do. Do we watch the OSU game or go to Hollywood Studios?????? It was tough. But we decided to go to Hollywood Studios. I know it’s a disappointment to those that are HUGE Buckeye fans, but this was a trip I didn’t think I would ever take and it was so important…more than a game I’m afraid. My best friend did keep us updated by texting me the score. HA! We had a great time at Hollywood Studios, however I had a melt down (I was acting like I was 5) and we had to go back to the hotel room. It was chilly (around 66 and windy), my period was getting ready to start, and I was just overly sensitive. Poor LW. None the less we did have a great time at H.S. Tower of Terror is by far my favorite ride EVER!!!!!

After the park on Saturday, we took a nap. Definitely needed after my meltdown earlier in the day. For the evening we headed to the Boardwalk for dinner at the ESPN Club. We ate and drank like it was no one’s business!!! Prior to arriving at the ESPN Club we had a little bus trouble and it took us about an hour to get there. No the bus didn’t break down…LW had messed up which bus we were getting on and he thought a certain route was quicker than another…WRONG. But I wasn’t going to argue given my meltdown earlier. He he he

I was sad to leave Disney. I shopped and bought the place out. Everyone was so friendly and helpful. I have never been to a happier place!!!! Next year the same conference is in Orlando again, so he’s planning on going back and so am I!!! This time we’ll take his girls.

Disney was by far one of the best trips I have been on. Maybe it’s because it was so magical. I do see why people go there on their honeymoons now.

Have a Magical Day!




4 comments:

Julie said...

Aw sounds like you had a great time! I've only been to Disney once, and I was 4 months pregnant so I couldn't ride Space Mountain! LOL

Vinnie Sorce said...

Paris is the only place I LOVE more than Disney. If I could live in Disney I would...

travel girl said...

Welcome back!

Sounds like you had a great time!

Crystal (tropical.dreams) said...

I LOVE WDW! I'd love to go back, since I haven't been there since I was 18. My favorite thing there is the Carousel of Progress. Is that still there? Oh, wait, I liked all of the different "lands", too. And the Haunted Mansion. And...LOL EVERYTHING!