Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 Year in Review

Okay okay I'll play!! Seems like lots of my fellow bloggers are doing this.

What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
Buried a parent (my mother).

Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't make them for the simple fact that I never keep them!

Did anyone close to you give birth?
Some friends sure did, but thankfully I didn't have to watch. HA!

Did anyone close to you die?
My Mom died Dec 29,2007 but we buried her on Jan 3, 2008 - close enough to say yes.

What countries did you spend time in this year?
None - but I am going to get my passport on Friday!

What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
I got everything I wanted with life and love in 2008 so I'll say MONEY so that I can shop more. :)


What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Jan 3 - buried my Mom
May 9 - LW and I had our first date


What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Finding out that I am a strong, wonderful person who can make a difference in someone's life.

What was your biggest failure?
Forgetting who I was. When my Mom died I let myself go for a few months.

Did you suffer any serious injury or illness?
Thankfully no, but like Julie said, my ego got bruised a few times.

What was the best thing you bought?
Five Coach purses - is that a problem?

Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Mine?? I changed my life for the better.

Whose behaviour made you appalled and/or depressed?
I don't feel comfortable saying, but they know who they are. And it's sad that our friendship had to fail because of it.

Where did most of your money go?
Clothes and purses! I'm sick.

What did you get really, really, really excited about?
LW saying I love you! And meeting his youngest daughter, Kassidy for the first time.

What do you wish you'd done more of?
Spent more time with my family. Although my Mom's death brought us closer, we somehow forgot to spend more time together.

What do you wish you'd done less of?
Feel sorry for myself. Only I have the power to find and make happiness.

Did you fall in love in 2008?
Oh yes! And I hope to marry this man!

How many one-night stands?
Liz's comments about three night stands (furniture) cracked me up!!! I can't comment....okay one and that was WAY before LW!

Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I don't hate...I dislike. And yes. She's sleeping with my ex-husband and dumped me as a friend so that she could.

What was the best book you read?
The Last Lecture

What did you want and not get?
An engagement ring! HA! I have everything I want. I would like to work on my friendships more. I have the power within to bond!

What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 35. LW took me to dinner at the Ocean Club. It was the best day ever!

What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Spending one more day with my Mom. I feel like I didn't get to say somethings I wanted to say.

What political issue stirred you the most?
I'm not super passionate about politics, but I was happy to see Obama win.

Who did you miss?
Without a doubt my Mother. It's so hard believing she's not with us. I have so much to tell her.

Who was the best new person you met?
Oh my gosh, so many people. My chatboard friends and blogging buddies. They ALL helped me through some dark days! And of course LW is the best though. :)

Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Life is short...live every moment with grace and passion and never go to bed angry. Tomorrow might not be here. And always find it within yourself to spend time with those you love.

What sums up this year? (a word, a quote...?)
Special

5 comments:

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

That was beautiful! I'm wishing you a wonderful 2009 with hopefully an engagement in the future.

I just feel that the new year is going to be special for a whole lot of us.

Was LW able to meet your mom?

Have a great New Year, Danica. The best is yet to come!!

Vinnie Sorce said...

I'm going to have to play that game a little differntly, too many questions I can't answer out loud...

travel girl said...

I am so with you on the shopping!
I think we could do some serious damage together.

I still miss my Mom everyday and it's been 4 years. I don't think it ever goes away but the pain, thankful does.

Danica Lynn said...

Chocolate Covered Daydreams: No he never met my mom. I wish he could have though. She would have loved him!

Natalie said...

Thanks for the comment. You are about the only one that ever leaves one. :( Sending you best wishes for 2009. I have a feeling there will be an engagement before too long. When I saw the picture of you LW and his daughter, you already look like a very happy family!