Monday, November 3, 2008

So nervous!

Peeps I tell you, I'm blessed! I am happily dating a man who has one of the most amazing and beautiful daughters ever. I couldn't be more lucky!

I met LW's daughter this past Saturday. We were suppose to meet Friday night, but K wanted to stay the night with her girlfriends. Perfectly fine. I remember that age. As cool as your parents are, staying up all night with your best girlfriends is an experience children love.

LW and K got to the restaurant before I did. When I got there, the two of them were playing some kind of middle school patti-cake game. I'm telling you..seeing my man interact with his daughter was the most incredible feeling. It brings our love to a whole new level. I didn't think it was possible to love him anymore than I already do, but watching him with K brought out emotions and feelings that I had no idea would surface. I love that man more than ever now.

As soon as I acknowledged LW, I immediately acknowleged K and told her how adorable her boots were. She was so polite back. Saying thank you, etc. When we sat down, I started asking her questions about school, her favorite things....you know, normal kid stuff. She humored me and answered every question with a smile. Later in the conversation we talked about animals and she was telling me how she has three dogs so I told her about Boots and Boomer (my cats). She looked at me with those big beautiful eyes and said "Can I come see them?" OMG does she like me????? Of course I told her she can come over anytime she wants. She then asked me if I lived alone. Interesting question...but honest and I like it. I answered as honestly as I could without overstepping my bounds because we all know LW might as well live there since he's there all but four or five times a month!

During lunch I couldn't stop looking at her and LW. They are so much alike....their eyes, their nose, their shy smile. I loved the way she buried her head into her Dad's shoulder when he would talk to her about the difference between a B and an A. See if she gets all A's on her report card he is going to take her to Build A Bear. She was one or two A's shy (hey B's aren't bad at all). I knew she was going to be beautiful, but I'm telling you, LW is going to have his hands full when she gets older. She's just a beautiful little girl with a wonderful personality.

After lunch was over LW and K went putt-putting. I was invited, but I thought it best as to not 'steal' all of her time with her Dad. I keep thinking baby steps! Later in the evening LW texted me and said "She likes you." OMG really??? She doesn't hate me or think I'm too ugly or too fat or weird???? Seriously?? I can't tell you how happy that makes me.

For never dating a man with children, I think I hit the jackpot. I'm so blessed. Now I look forward to getting to know her better, along with getting to know her older sister (LW's oldest daughter) who lives in Arizona. She's coming out for Christmas!

5 comments:

Liz said...

I'm so glad it went so well! And I think that it was a good idea to just do lunch and that was it. I'm sure that helps her to like you even more!

Julie said...

Great! That's always a good sign if you get along with the kids!

Emily said...

YAY!! I'm so glad it went well! But I knew it would - you're awesome :)

Harleygirl said...

So glad it went well for you!!!! I remember the 1st time I met Jimmy's kids-I was so nervous!! BTW-We all knew she would like you-what is not to like!!

Allison said...

So happy it went well!!! I knew she would love you--how could she not? :)