Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day

I am so excited to vote today! It is one of the most amazing experiences as an American citizen. I spent time this election updating myself with the facts and am hopeful I will make the right choices. I am planning on going around 4:30pm as I have to work a full day. Too bad it's not a holiday! I did hear on the news this morning how there had been talk in the past of making Election Day a holiday. Wonder how many more voters they would get???

Happy Election Day!

6 comments:

Liz said...

I'd be game to make this a holiday every year! :) Other countries have it as one, why don't we?

Simi said...

Hope it's better for you then it was for me! GRR! :)

Julie said...

It only took me a half hour this morning in Gahanna.

Gobama! LOL

briankainec said...

I was up at 5am to get my vote in. I'm now 6 cups of coffee into the day with more on the way. Hurray for free starbucks!

Travis Erwin said...

I'm all for another day off from work each year.

travel girl said...

You are so right that the election is an amazing experience. I am dumbfound when people tell me they are not voting. WTF??

It only took us 10 minutes so I feel fortunate. I would have waited 10 hours.

Got my free cup of coffee after.
Fabulous.