Friday, October 10, 2008

Pastor Meredith

As most of you know I attended my mom's church on Sunday. It was very emotional for me being there, but in a sense I found peace within myself. Anyway, I'm not sure I mentioned this in my post about going to her church, but Pastor Meredith's mother in law died that very morning during the service actually. So of course the pastor was emotional as well. When I left the church I shook his hand and told him that his family will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

Fast forward to Wednesday. I receive a letter in the mail from the pastor thanking me for my visit and how he knows it's an emontional time for myself and my family, etc. And in his letter he said it must have been fate (not the exact word, but I can't remember his exact words) that I was with him the very day he was losing his mother in law (he was with my family and I the day my mom died - ironically he left the hospital about an hour or two before she died). That part of the letter sent chills down my spin. I feel as if somehow I was meant to be at church that morning. Was my mom asking me to be there for him like he was there for me (and her)? None the less, I was grateful I was there to offer my condolences and respect. Pastor Meredith is a good man and my mom was so happy with him as her pastor.

Saddly I found out that he has just been diagnosed with Parkinson's. I hope he's well enough to continue on with his work, because he is an amazing man and I am SO grateful that my life crossed paths with his.

1 comments:

Julie said...

I don't know if it was fate, but it sure sounds like destiny.