Sunday, October 19, 2008

My crazy, fun, busy weekend!

I'm so tired from this weekend. I don't think I stopped running until today! And even this stupid head cold I have couldn't keep me down for too long.

Friday night I went out to dinner with my friends Bev, Brad and Chad. Brad turned 50 so we went to Mezzo at Creekside for dinner. The food was wonderful, the drinks were so yummie (they have the BEST Riesling!) and the company was great. After dinner we headed to Chad's to play cards. We ended up playing Phase 10. Such a fun game!!! It's a lot like rummy (I've never played but that's what they told me). After we got tired of drinking and playing cards, we watched "The Happening". Not a bad movie, but not a good movie. Eventually I made it home (around 2:30am!)...crawled into bed...and slept the boose and the night away.




Saturday I awoke at 8am to my carbon monoxide detector beeping every minute. Eventually I crawled out of bed, stumbled to the garge to get the latter and then hoisted the latter up the stairs. As I was crawling up the latter I looked over my shoulder and noticed a HUGE sign out in my front yard (LW had his daughter this weekend). I hopped off the latter and went outside in my pajama's and found this:



Now how sweet was that??? And ladies it gets better, but I'll save that for later. After I chuckled and got a million goosebumps I went inside to text LW. He was so proud of himself! He put that out in my yard sometime between 2:30am and 8am!!!! He deserves a million points for that!!!

Later on I went to watch the OSU/Michigan State game with my friends from the ER. I went with them to an alumni event at the Columbus Museum of Art. It was so much fun!! After the game I went to LW's friend's house. His wife, Chris, was having a Silpada party. YAY - more jewelry!!! I feel so welcomed by his friends. It was so nice visiting with Chris and getting to know her friends. See Chris and I are alot alike....we are both white women with black men, both of us lost our mothers to lung cancer when we were in our 30's, both of us graduated from Groveport Madison High School and both of us have had trouble conceiving. We have such an amazing bond and I look forward to getting to know her better.

When Sunday rolled around I was exhausted. I woke up with the worst sinus pain and runny nose. I slept almost 12 hours, thus I didn't make it to church. BOO But LW saved the day when he came home with a small bouquet of fresh Gerbera daisies. How sweet is that? And he used the word "Love" when he signed the card. When he gave me the flowers he said he hopes I know how much I mean to him. And finally I do. I love that man!!!

4 comments:

Liz said...

I'm glad you had such a wonderful weekend! And yay for LW!!!! :)

Staci Williams said...

That was such an awesome surprise from LW!!!

Julie said...

Awww, what a great surprise that was!!!! I laughed out loud when I saw it. And you "wonder" if he loves you. Hello!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did I know you graduated from GMHS? Did you know that my sister and brother-in-law were boht retired teachers from Groveport? She taught at Sedalia middle school and he taught science at the high school!

Jody said...

That sign is so sweet Danica!!! What a surprise!