Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Hockey, hockey, hockey!!

LW and I had so much fun at the hockey game last night. He surprised me with lower bowl seats. OMG I have never sat in the lower bowl. We were so close to the ice that I could have hit Nash with a rock. HA! We were seated more behind Vancouver's bench than the Blue Jackets bench, but none the less I could see facial expressions on the players!!!

And the Blue Jackets won....4 - 2 !! That never happens when I go to a game. :-)

It was nice to talk and laugh with LW. I wish I knew hockey better so I could explain the rules to him, but I explained what I knew and he seemed content with that. See he's a basketball/volleyball official so he was very curious about the rules and regulations and was trying to understand what the officials were calling. At one point he chuckled because he heard a guy behind us yell something to the official. I think he gets that a lot too so he could sympathize.

Anyway, we had a great time. He's definately in the 'surprise' mode lately. Guess I need to up my game. HA!

2 comments:

Liz said...

I'm glad you both had such a great time!! :)

Julie said...

Aw, puck you.

LOL...just kidding. After 3 drinks it was all I could come up with!