Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Happiness

I'm learning that it comes in all different
...shapes
...sizes
...colors
...textures
...backgrounds

For the first time in my life I can say that I am truly happy with myself and my life. I've learned to forget about the people who have hurt me in the past. I've learned my engery is best spent enjoying my time with family and friends and the man who has put me first in his life. It's been wonderful to roll over in bed every morning and hear LW say "Good Morning Sunshine." I can't tell you how much that makes my heart pitter patter. No more grouchy moods, no more not wanting to get out of bed in the morning....no more feeling alone and feeling like a failure. I'm not saying a man has defined me, but he has opened my eyes to the person I always wanted to be.

For the first time in a long time I can say I'm who I've always dreamt I would be....nice, caring, giving, romantic, personable, loving, friendly and gracious. I can now look back and say "I'm someone I could be friends with." That takes my breath away.

1 comments:

tbonegrl said...

What a wonderful post to read, Danica! I am so happy you are finally in this place!